Aritina Haliuc, PhD
Str. Clinicilor 5-7, 400006 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Bordeaux University, 2022
- Charles University, 2019
- University of Bucharest, 2018
PhD: University of Suceava, Geography, 2016
M.S.: University of Suceava, GIS, 2012
B.S.: University of Suceava, Environmental Sciences, 2010
Dr. Aritina Haliuc holds a PhD in Geography from the University of Suceava (Romania), several fellowships and postdocs with extensive international experience in the field of palaeoclimatology. She is interested and passionate about unravelling the past of the Earth, and how humans have changed its face, using natural archives. Her primary research goals are orientated towards tracking past and more recent climatic changes and extreme events and their implications on the local and regional environments using cutting-edge multidisciplinary approaches. She nurtures a great interest in knowledge sharing, transfer and raising awareness about the state of the environment and the world we live in and the actions that should be taken to protect this natural inheritance.
1. Haliuc, A., Daniau, AL., Mouillot, F., Chen, W., Leys, B., David, V., Hanquiez, V., Dennielou, B., Schefuß, E., Bayon, G., Crosta, X. 2023. Microscopic charcoals in ocean sediments off Africa track past fire intensity from the continent. Communications Earth & Environment, 4, 133.
2. Haliuc A., Buczko, K., Hutchinson, S.M., Acs, E., Magyari, E., Korponai, J., Begy, R.-C., Vasilache, D., Zak, M., Veres, D. 2020. Climate and land-use as the main drivers of recent environmental change in a mid-altitude mountain lake, Romanian Carpathians. PlosOne, 15(10), e0239209
3. Cheval, S., Haliuc, A., Antonescu, B., Tișcovschi, A., Dobre, M., Tatui, F., Dumitrescu, A, Manea, A, Tudorache, G, Irimescu, A, Birsan, M-V, Mock, C. 2020. Enriching the historical meteorological information using Romanian language newspaper reports: a database from 1880 to 1900. International Journal of Climatology, 41, E548-E562.
4. Haliuc, A., Veres, D., Hubay, K., Braun, M., Begy, R., Brauer, A., Hutchinson, S.M. 2017. Palaeohydrological changes during mid and late Holocene in the Carpathian area, central eastern Europe. Global and Planetary Change, 152, 99-114.
5. Haliuc A., Feurdean, A., Hutchinson, S., Florescu, G., Feurdean, A., 2016, The role of fire in landscape dynamics: An example of two sediment records from the Rodna Mountains, northern Romanian Carpathians. Catena, 137, 432–440.