Dr. Lucian Baia
Lucian Baia, PhD
Treboniu Laurian 42, room 106, 400271 Cluj-Napoca
Nanostructures, nanomaterials, environmental & biomedical applications
Tel: +40 264 405 300 ext. 5168
BSc.: Degree in Machine Building Engineer, Faculty of Machine Building Technical University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 1995
BSc.: Degree in Physics, Mathematical-Physics, Faculty of Physics, Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 1998
MSc.: Master Degree in Physics, Oxide materials, Faculty of Physics, Babeș-Bolyai University, 1999
PhD: Institute of Physical Chemistry, Julius Maximilians University, Würzburg, Germany, 2003
Postdoctoral: Institute of Physical Chemistry, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany, 2006
2014: Habilitation thesis defense
Dr. Lucian Baia carries out interdisciplinary activities that bridge across research fields related to the obtaining and especially the characterization of nanoarchitectures and materials with different types of morphologies and structures involved in various environmental applications.
- Kovács, Z., Molnár, C., Gyulavári, T., Magyari, K., Tóth, Z.-R., Baia, L., Pap, Z., Hernádi, K., Solvothermal synthesis of ZnO spheres: Tuning the structure and morphology from nano- to micro-meter range and its impact on their photocatalytic activity, (2022) Catalysis Today, DOI: 10.1016/j.cattod.2022.03.004.
- M. Baia, Zs. Pap, K. Hernadi, L. Baia, Chapter 1: When the nanostructures meet the environmental health key issues, in: Advanced nanostructures for environmental health (Eds: L. Baia, Zs. Pap, K. Hernadi, M. Baia) ISBN: 0128158832, Elsevier, pp. 1-33, 2019.
- L. Baia, M. Baia, Zs. Pap, K. Hernadi, J. Popp, Chapter 13. Perspectives of environmental health issues addressed by advanced nanostructures, in: Advanced nanostructures for environmental health (Eds: L. Baia, Zs. Pap, K. Hernadi, M. Baia), ISBN: 0128158832, Elsevier, pp. 525-547, 2019.
- Fodor, S., Baia, L., Focșan, M., Hernádi, K., Pap, Z., Designed and controlled synthesis of visible light active copper(I)oxide photocatalyst: From cubes towards the polyhedrons – with Cu nanoparticles, (2019) Applied Surface Science, 484, 175-183.
- Hampel, B., Kovács, G., Czekes, Z., Hernádi, K., Danciu, V., Ersen, O., Girleanu, M., Focşan, M., Baia, L., Pap, Z., Mapping the Photocatalytic Activity and Ecotoxicology of Au, Pt/TiO2 Composite Photocatalysts, (2018) ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 6 (10), 12993-13006.
Full publication list:
1 Introduction to Nanotechnology,
- Heterogeneous Materials. Technological Applications
- Advanced Functional Materials
- Nanostructures and macromolecular systems